As we move into 2014, it is important to take a long, hard look at what you accomplished in 2013, and what you want to accomplish in the year ahead. This episode will help you to stay focused on what is important so that you can make 2014 the best year ever for your law firm!
Items Mentioned in the Podcast
- The Magic of Thinking Big, by David J. Schwartz, Ph.D.
- Winning Through Intimidation, by Robert Ringer
- The One Thing, by Gary Keller
- Internet Business Mastery (with Jason Van Orden and Jeremy Frandsen)
In this particular episode, you will learn:
6 ways that you can supercharge your goal-setting for 2014:
1. Think big.
Nobody ever succeeded by thinking small. In order to take your law firm to new heights in 2014, you have to get out of the comfort zone that is “normal” to you and think bigger.
2. Take care of your body.
A healthy person is more energized and productive than an out-of-shape person. Think about ways that you can get back into shape in 2014 and really take care of your body. You only get one of them.
3. Look long-term.
Before you make your goals for 2014, take a minute to stop and think about what you want to accomplish in the next 5-10 years. Knowing where you want to be in 5 years will help shape what you need to do this year to get there.
4. Choose one thing that you can do, everyday, that will drive you towards your goals.
You don’t just wake up one morning and have all your goals done for the year. You need to take things one step at a time. Goals are accomplished in small-steps, over time. Do one thing every day that will drive you toward your goals.
5. Focus your marketing on building relationships.
In order to run a successful law practice, you must develop a network of individuals who know, like and trust you enough to refer business to you. This starts with a simple phone call or hello at a business function – then you have to nurture the relationship.
6. Adopt a giver mentality.
Look for things that you can do for others, without the need for something in return. The more you help others, the more good will you will develop in the relationship. Eventually it will come back to you in spades – but don’t ask or expect a return favor immediately. The most effective people give without attaching any strings or expecting anything in return.
- Follow Legal Marketing Made Easy on Twitter
- Post a review of the Legal Marketing Made Easy Podcast on iTunes and if you like what you heard today, then share with your friends on Twitter using this link.