In today’s episode, I discuss how you can build a successful law practice without working yourself to death. I’m slightly under the weather this week and have been fighting off a nasty cough, so rather than edit out all my coughs, I decided to dig into the archives to find a pretty popular show to share with you a second time.
Most solos find themselves in a constant struggle balancing the building of a law practice with their personal lives. They hang their shingle get some clients, and then the work never stops. Before you know it, you are up at the crack of dawn to work on an all-consuming law practice, losing time with family, and staying at the office till 9, 10, 11 o’clock at night. That’s no way to live.
Items Mentioned in the Podcast
- Solosez Listserv
- Podcast interview with Josh Brown
- How to hire a rockstar legal assistant for your law firm
- Estate Planning Attorney Kevin Kelly
- The Legal Marketing Academy
- My Law Firm Goals
In this particular episode, you will learn:
The five fundamental pillars of a successful law practice, including:
- Having appropriate systems in place
- Having a healthy caseload of clients you enjoy working with, who can afford to pay your legal fees
- Having an exceptional staff of legal assistants, paralegals, and associate attorneys (depending on how big of a law practice you want)
- Having the appropriate mindset of a business owner
- Using technology to leverage your law practice
In this episode we dig into the appropriate goals that you should have for your law practice, and a foundational road-map of how you can get there.
- Leave a comment below if there was anything that you think I missed.
- Follow Legal Marketing Made Easy on Twitter and Facebook
- Post a review of the Legal Marketing Made Easy Podcast on iTunes and if you like what you heard today, then share with your friends on Twitter using this link.