I’ve got a lot going on in my life right now. A new baby, a new legal assistant, moving office space, my Mother’s cancer… With all of these issues (which I’m confident are not unique to me), come a number of struggles that I’m currently dealing with. In this episode I break down 8 major issues that I am struggling with in my life and in my law practice right now. This episode is more personal than most of my podcasts – I hope you enjoy it.
Items and Resources Mentioned in the Podcast
- Right Inbox
- Boomerang (Not mentioned in the Podcast, but I recently discovered this product as a productivity tool and am currently trying it out)
- Google Apps
- Schedule Once
- Ease into 5k
- Academy 101
- Episode 17 – How to Find and Hire Rockstar Employees for your law firm
- Episode 21 – Superhero Syndrome
- Screenflow (Mac) or Camtasia (PC)
- Multiple Myeloma and Tom Brokaw
Here’s what you will learn in this podcast:
- 5 things that I am NOT struggling with right now.
- How I’ve managed to tame my email inbox with 2 awesome plugins and a little self-discipline.
- 2 tools I use regularly to keep myself from playing the role of fireman in my law office.
- How MyCase Case Management software keeps me up-to-date on all of my legal cases.
- My favorite iPhone app for keeping myself in shape.
- The progress of Academy 101 and why you should consider joining this ever-growing community.
- Why hiring great employees is not the end of the road.
- The tools I am using to train my new legal assistant.
- Why I was forced to move at the end of next week against my will (and no, I’m not getting evicted!)
- Why being an “untethered lawyer” won’t help me with a baby at home.
- What I’m going to do about my case of Superhero Syndrome in the next month.
- 3 awesome tools I use to develop systems and processes for my law office.
- Why I’m currently struggling to write on a regular basis, and what I’m going to do about it.
- How I’m dealing with my Mother’s cancer diagnosis.
- One of the biggest fears that holds many attorneys back from reaching their true potential.
- The Academy 1.0 is coming soon! Visit our Academy page to sign up for updates and get special discounts in advance of the launch.
- Follow Legal Marketing Made Easy on Twitter
- Post a review of the Legal Marketing Made Easy Podcast on iTunes and if you like what you heard today, then share with your friends on Twitter using this link.