What exactly are the secrets of effective lawyer advertising? I’ll give you a hint – don’t do what everyone else is doing. It really is that simple. Unfortunately, most lawyers take the easy way out and simply throw more money at the problem hoping that they will find the next “silver bullet” that will set them apart from their competition. But if more money doesn’t work, what does? Today’s episode will dig into lawyer ads, what works and what doesn’t, mistakes that most lawyers make, and more. If you are currently investing in legal advertisements, or if you are thinking about investing, this is an episode you don’t want to miss.
“If you want to be successful in business, look around at what all your competitors are doing and do the opposite.”
Right click here to download the mp3
Items Mentioned in the Podcast
- I’ll be hosting my first webinar, “Why you need to immediately start a podcast for your law firm – and how to do it” on Thursday, March 20th, 2014 at 2 pm EST.
If you would like more information or to reserve your spot – you can sign up by clicking here.
- The first draft of Podcasting for Lawyers is finished, and I’ve moved into the editing stage. I am also working on some kick-ass videos and other goodies to go along with this book.
To learn more, or for sneak-previews, click here.
- Jamie Casino, Georgia Personal Injury Lawyer
- Dan Muessig, Pennsylvania Criminal Defense Lawyer
In this particular episode, you will learn:
The in’s and out’s of lawyer advertising, including the following:
- The different kinds of lawyer advertisements that you can use in your marketing, and the pros and cons of each.
- How most lawyers market their services.
- Why advertising a “free consultation” is a bad idea for most lawyers.
- Why it is important to properly define the target of your advertising.
- The different types of information products you can create – and how to promote them.
- The importance of marketing your information, not your law firm.
- What permission marketing is and how you can use it to market your law firm.
- How to tell people who you are an authority without saying a thing.
- The importance of proper follow-up.
- How a newsletter can boost your law practice and increase referrals.
- The biggest mistakes that lawyers make with their legal advertisements.
- Why it is so important to track your dollars.
- The information you need to track to keep your referral sources happy.
- Why I stopped using Google pay-per-click ads last month.
Before you go, don’t forget to leave a comment below and let me know what you think of the videos shown above. In addition, do you want to be called “Lawyer Nation”? “Solo Nation”? Maybe “Sizzling Solos”? Let me know in the comments below. Other action items include:
- Follow Legal Marketing Made Easy on Twitter
- Post a review of the Legal Marketing Made Easy Podcast on iTunes and if you like what you heard today, then share with your friends on Twitter using this link.
I think that the advertisement by Jamie Casino is a little over the top, but nothing inherently unethical about it. As for Dan Muessig’s ad – I keep hearing that it is a parady of #BreakingBad, but since I’ve never seen Breaking Bad, I can’t tell whether people would take it seriously or not.