This time of year it is important to reflect on what you have accomplished over the past 12 months, and look forward to what you want to accomplish over the next year. Committing your law firm goals to paper is one great way to do that. In this episode, I have reviewed my goals from the past year, as well as outlined what I would like to accomplish in 2014 with not only my law firm, but also in my personal life.
Right click here to download the mp3
Items Mentioned in the Podcast
- The One Thing, by Gary Keller
- My One Thing App
- How to set SMART goals for 2014
- Social Media Marketing Podcast by Michael Stelzner
- Social Media Examiner
In this particular episode, you will learn:
One of the main struggles I had when I was starting my law firm was that I felt like I was on an island and didn’t have anyone to turn to about the day-to-day struggles that I faced. With regards to my goals specifically, I didn’t know if I was on the right track or not. If you get nothing else from this podcast, I want you to understand that there are other lawyers out there that are struggling just like you are. We all face the same issues and are concerned about our cash flow from month-to-month.
The goals that I have outlined in this podcast are personal to me – but you can use them to gauge where you are with you personal and business development.
Let’s start with the basics – I urge you to develop a couple of goals for 2014 in each of the following categories:
- Personal Life
- Key Relationships
- Physical Health
Using this broad template, I developed the following goals for myself personally for 2014:
- Double my law firm revenue in 2014
- Begin a weekly divorce podcast by March 31
- Write and publish a book (this is already 75% done)
- Hire a full-time associate (I won’t be able to meet revenue goals unless I do this)
- Pay off the minivan we just purchased within 12 months
- Max out my retirement contributions
- Take a one week vacation before the arrival of our third child in May
- Lose 30 pounds before next Christmas
- Hire a virtual assistant to assist with marketing and other business interests
- Attract 500 visitors per month to Legal Marketing Made Easy
- Attain $1,000 per month in passive revenue from outside business interests
- BONUS – I did not discuss this on the podcast, but I need to focus on developing referral relationships to increase the revenues of law firm. My goal is to develop and cultivate 10 dependable referral sources in 2014.
- Follow Legal Marketing Made Easy on Twitter
- Post a review of the Legal Marketing Made Easy Podcast on iTunes and if you like what you heard today, then share with your friends on Twitter using this link.
Leave a Reply