In lieu of a typical blog post this Sunday morning, I thought that I would share some articles that I have been reading this week about legal marketing.
- Evoking Online Trust, by Seth Godin. Why the decision to interact actually happens before someone listens to what you have to say, and what you can do to maximize this.
- This Threat to your Business is Also Your Biggest Opportunity, by Jim Connolly from Jim’s Marketing Blog. What can you do to stand out from the crowd in your legal marketplace?
- Sometimes, First is Worst, by Carolyn Elefant at myshingle.com. Just because an idea didn’t work 5 years ago doesn’t mean it won’t work now.
- Hard Lessons in Time Management, By Lee Rosen from Divorcediscourse.com. When and how to delegate your work properly, so that it gets done.
- Mixed Messages and New Client Calls, by Jay Fleischman from Legal Practice Pro. Either you answer the phone, or you have someone else answer the phone – or risk losing clients.
- How can law firm’s engage specific companies on social media? by Kevin O’Keefe at Real Lawyers Have Blogs. A great primer on the steps you need to take to start engaging with your prospective clients on social media.
- Legal Business Development: How to Determine Whether a Rainmaking Expense is a Cost or An Investment (And Why It Matters), by Julie Fleming at Innovate. You can’t look at all your marketing expenses as costs – some of them are actually investments that will pay off big time if you are investing in the right things.
- Review: Email by David Sparks — information and tips for getting the most out of email, by Jeff Richardson at iPhone, JD. A review of a new book, “Email”, that uses lots of interactive technology to show you how to be more productive on email.
- Do Box.com Moves in Legal Portend Bigger Legal Software Changes?, by Ron Friedman at Prism Legal. My firm uses Box.com for document management and storage. Box has entered into contracts with lots of other vendors, which is good news for us all.
That’s it for this week. If you came across an article that you would like to share, or that you think should make this list, please send me a tweet (@jwhart518) or post a comment below. Have a great week!
Leave a Reply